Z and Cinder’s blog challenge this week – my first one! – is your 2017 bucket list of things you want to accomplish in the game(s) you play. I didn’t make much progress in the games I play during 2016. I think my bucket list for 2017 is simple enough to be achievable.
2017 in ESO
In Elder Scrolls Online (ESO), Zahra the “celestial” druid is level 27 right now; she was level 12 in September 2015.
- I simply want to level one character to 50 in this game!
2017 in WoW
In World of Warcraft (WoW), I currently have two active accounts and a single level 110 between them. That level 110 is a Demon Hunter; she’s not on my main account and not one of my pre-Legion characters! Between not being able to decide which account to play and a very busy work schedule leaving me with little free time for gaming, or feeling so exhausted I couldn’t muster the brain power to make virtual decisions about what to do in a virtual world, getting any character to 110 in 2016 was an accomplishment.
I’d like to revisit some long-held, unaccomplished goals. Choosing one account will help, and that will be my main account. These goals help facilitate something of an account cleanup.
- Level one of each class to get their first artifact.
- My main account has three 100s, three in the 90s, two in the 80s, and one 60. It does not have a demon hunter, monk, or warrior.
- I have my work cut out for me.
- Use what I have.
- What gets me in trouble is after declaring to level one of each class, I then add “one of each race” too. Oh, and then each server needs to have characters with all professions, and they all need to have freckles and red hair! In 2017, the madness ends!
- Learn as many recipes on characters who craft gear, and focus on one character for each profession regardless faction or server.
- Professions on my main account are all over the place. I have several dual crafters and it has never worked out for me. I want each crafter to have the complementary gathering profession, so this means dropping a few advanced professions and leveling a gathering profession.
- One thing I will never change: my main character, THE Mama Druid, will never drop enchanting. I didn’t know what I was doing in Vanilla and for some reason I dropped her leatherworking for enchanting. It was the biggest pain to level back then. She definitely has a few enchantments earned from rep grinds and some that may be hard to get or are no longer available. Her other profession is herbalism, which I love as a druid.
- I’ll need to figure out who should be my leatherworker as two of them might have patterns that are no longer available. One might have to hang on to it for just that reason.
I think the first thing to do is sort out professions as my characters can benefit from leveling them in their garrisons while I work on other things.
Lower priority goals that may not be achievable:
- Get flying in Legion.
- Get the “Insane in the Membrane” title (need Ravenholdt and Goblin rep).
- Get “the Beloved” title (48/60).
- Get all Tournament mounts and pets.
The last three I’ve started and stopped over the years. It would be nice to put the nail in all their coffins. I hate grinding rep.
Wish me luck!